The Swiss Network for International Studies offers an annual call that grants projects for pluri-disciplinary teams working on international studies. Pre-proposal deadline: 25 January 2024 (1 PM CET)
The SNIS supports pluri-disciplinary projects in the social sciences and pluri-disciplinary projects that combine natural and social sciences. The SNIS does not support pluri-disciplinary projects that only consist of natural sciences. The SNIS does not fund individual grants, i.e. career grants.
Projects must run for two years, and funding can range from 100’000 to 300’000 Swiss francs.
There are two thematic branches of the call, but there is no quota for either branch, i.e. applicants have no statistical advantage when submitting to either branch :
• The General Call: in any area of International Studies as defined in the call document;
• Theme 2023: defined by the SNIS International Geneva Committee: ‘Pathways to inclusive and participatory multilateralism.’ with the following sub-themes:
1. The role of participatory multilateralism in addressing the climate and biodiversity crisis
2. The role of technology for enhanced participation / representation
3. The role of education for enhanced participation / representation
4. New forms of representation, particularlyRepresentation of youth Representation of the private sector.
The submission deadline for pre-proposals is January 25, 2024 (1 pm CET)