The Swiss Society for African Studies invites paper propositions for the upcoming 7th Swiss Researching Africa Days.
The objective of this biennial convention, taking place on Oct 28th and 29th 2022 in Bern, is to promote the exchange among the community of researchers working on Africa in Switzerland.
Call for Papers
Panels typically integrate young and established scholars (Master, PhDs, postdocs, professors). The following 9 panels and round tables were selected:
- African Transitions to Peace and Democracy? Modifications and critiques of a persistent model
- African Food Systems under Change: Institutional Transformations and its Impact on Food Resilience and Nutrition
- ‘Expertise’ in and on African cities
- Multilingualism and Health Communication in sub-Saharan Africa: Transdisciplinary approaches in research and development practice
- Decolonizing Swiss-Africa research collaborations
- La transcription : enjeux de la mise à l’écrit de textes oraux africains
- Transdisciplinary research in Africa focusing on One Health
- Decolonization of museum collections
- Another way of seeing: fiction and faction from and on Africa
- Nouvelles recherches sur l’histoire contemporaine de l’Afrique : coopérations et circulations transimpériales (round table)
Call for Posters
One of our aims is to present on-going or recently finished PhD research on a topic related to Africa at Swiss universities. The organizers invite researchers to submit a scientific poster (size A0, vertical orientation) on their PhD research for the Swiss Researching Africa Days. There will be time slots for the presentation of the posters during the conference. The posters will also be compiled as an electronic reader to be published on the website of the Swiss Society for African Studies. Please submit proposals for posters (pdf) to Veit Arlt (email@example.com). The deadline for submission of posters is 14 August 2022. The organizing committee will decide on the acceptance of submitted poster proposals and confirm by 31 August 2022.